Event Scheduler

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Icon / Notation for previously Approved events

It would be helpful to have a notation or icon that shows we are approving an event that has previously been through final approval. NOT another grid. Maybe something similar to the icon that appears when there is a new conversation?

40 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add addresses of off-site locations

We have MANY off-site events, field trips, athletic events, etc. It would be very beneficial to have a list (name and address) of these off-site locations so that a person submitting the event could just choose this location and the address would show up on the event in our web-site. This would be extremely helpful for parents!

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Filter Upcoming Events

I would like to be able to Filter on the upcoming events dashboard. As an admin I see everything, which is great for somethings that I do, but when I need to narrow it down to exactly what my department handles it sometimes gets a little difficult to navigate.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Exclusion filter option for reports and visual calendar

The filter option currently INCLUDES selected categories in reports and on calendars. I would like the option to EXCLUDE as well. For example, we have events with multiple categories such as 'athletics' & 'middle school'. Selecting only 'middle school' category will still show these athletic events as well as academic events. If I can exclude athletic category.....then only academic will show.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Internal Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Need to edit a service on a single occurrence without changing information on all of the events in that series.

I have an event that occurs every week on our campus. Usually all of the events are the same but there is a rare occasion that calls for a service to provide more equipment. When I fill out that services form requesting the equipment needed it changes all of the events in this reoccurring series. This causes a ton of scheduling issues and confusion on our end. What would be a great feature is to edit services and forms on a single occurrence vs changing them all. Right now I am having to delete this single occurrence and create a…

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Ability for admin to override Approved w/ Conflicts for visual calendar to show Approved

Sometime events share spaces and times and are not in conflict. Rather than showing Approved with Conflicts, we would like to have an admin override to mark as Approved (without Conflicts) so the event will show in green on the calendar rather than red. If an event is edited, it will need to go through same conflict checks and then be reevaluated to determine if a conflict exists or is acceptable.

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Internal Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Report exclusion option

Option in reports to select an item/resource/service to exclude from the report. So if I want a report on all resources except for the one I would select.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Minimize website upkeep: Allow us to link to a subset of events from our espace calendar

We would like a way to use a general ministry description on our website, that would have a permalink to espace that would lead to a filtered calendar with upcoming events for that ministry. The website could say for example, "“The quilting ministry is an opportunity to build community, engage in the art of quilting, and use this art to serve members of our community. Visit www.ualc.org/quilt for upcoming events” - with our website's link redirecting to a list of upcoming events for the quilt ministry from your public calendar. We currently have to manage each ministries events with detailed…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. 7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Is it possible to add a column to the item grid for resources to show the Quantity on Hand for inventoried resources?

Right now when you are working in basic settings on resources, you cannot see how many of each item you have on hand unless you click the edit button for that specific item. It would be nice to have that number visible on the item grid so I can quickly see which items I need to update.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Space Scheduler  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Conditional Approval

Have the option to approve something but only under certain conditions. For example when I approve an event conditionality I can add a note "approved only if group uses the same setup and following event." That way the terms of approval are in writing.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Ability to change ALL User Location Permissions at Once.

As our campuses expand and we add buildings or locations, I have to manually change each users permissions and we have a staff of over 100 so it is very time-consuming. Please add options to change ALL user's permissions at one time. :)

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Have the name of different schedules for an event show on the Mobile device.

Difficult to tell the different schedules of an event from the mobile device.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Space tags shown on calendar views

It may be helpful to see space tags on the calendar views (agenda, daily item scheduler, day, etc.) to identify spaces and areas that have tags when looking at a calendar view. Thank you for your consideration.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Automatically Submit and Approve Certain Public Event Request Forms

We need to have certain public event request forms to be auto-approved and submitted.

We need a form for a couple rooms that we want staff to just easily be able to fill out a form to request. If there is no conflict, we just want the event to automatically be created. Right now, even if the space is set to not require approval, the public requests still require an admin to approve or submit them.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Forms  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Admins also Sub Admin

Some of our "Event Scheduler Admins" are also the person most responsible for a particular "approval area" and should be the person notified about approving that specific area. I would like an admin to also be able to be a "sub-admin" or the specific approver for a specific area just like sub-admins are.

Many of our admins are only admins because we want them to have rights to the system because of their leadership role. But they are not someone who is working in the eSpace system every day. We need them to be able to get that specific notification…

28 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Space, Resource and Service Description on Public Event Request Form

On all spaces, resources and services, there is a field for "Description". I would like for that description to optionally show on the public event request form. Right now, all the public user sees is the name of the item. But often a description of what the person is selecting would be highly desirable.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Forms  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Export File in CSV Format for Compatibility With Other Applications

A CSV File Export option - currently it is necessary to open the excel file and use Save AS to make compatible a file compatible with other applications.

30 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. use schedule Name for infospace not 'event name - schedule name' for overrides

I'd like to suggest that if there are two schedules for an event, that infospace display the schedule name for the "added schedule" and not the event name - schedule name.

For example, we had a recurring series where we did an override on one occurrence to update a service. It appeared that infospace was going to display Converge - Converge-A-Palooza instead of just the schedule name of Converge-A-Palooza.

We are planning a conference this summer, and assumed we'd use schedules, but I don't want infospace to say "Conference - Break Out Session" - just the breakout session schedule name…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Give us the ability to add a custom message on our confirmation emails

We would like to include certain verbage about room use, guidelines acceptance, etc. on the email confirmation and email summary. (without having to copy and paste it into the notes section of the email summary). Please add a spot for us to do this.

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base